The November GB has closed! Join us on discord for updates.
If you are interested in getting a prebuilt Bastyl, please fill in this form to be informed of when the shop opens again: https://forms.gle/vqgmwrotbyW6Pvms6
The Dactyl keyboards are regarded as one of the most ergonomic and comfortable to use computer keyboard out there. It features a curved design which facilitates your finger movements. It is naturally tilted and split in half in order to prevent repetitive strain injuries.
At HIDTech we want to give access to ergonomics to as many keyboard lovers as possible, so we worked hard on a new keyboard: the Bastyl.
For this, we designed our own custom Dactyl Manuform version – the Bastyl, which includes exclusive features such as:
- Screw-in plates for a tight fit
- An audio jack hole (rather than RJ)
- An all-around more tough and rounded design
- Designed around our Flexyl PCB, for a quick and easy build
- No hot glue – yay !
- This split keyboard set is printed at a very fine quality, using Prusament Galaxy black or silver
- Every product we print goes through a very strict quality control and we don’t hesitate to reprint the parts that are sub par
- We take care of every step of the process, from design to final product, from printing to machining the plates – to make sure you get the highest quality possible
- 2 * 3d printed Bastyl cases, with a 6 by 5 layout (one for each half)
- 2 * 3d printed plates, for the bottom of the cases
- 2 * 3d printed transparent mid plates
- All the screw inserts and screws you will need
- 2 * audio jacks, to use as connection in-between the two halves
- A Flexyl PCB kit
- Wires and ribbons
- 2 * elite-C or Blinky
- 62 * 1N4148 diodes, SMD
What you will need to procure yourself:
You should already have most if not all of those if you’re a DIY enthusiast. We tried to limit the amount of tools you need as much as possible.
- M4 Torx screwdriver (a flat head also works if you’re in a hurry)
- Soldering iron
- Soldering tin
- (optional) Cutting pliers
- (optional) Wire stripper
- A USB-C Cable
- An audio cable